Salary: Up to £9.00 per hour
Working hours: 2 Part-time positions available with the following working patterns:
- Post 1: Monday 5.00-9.00pm + Tuesday 3.00pm-9.00pm
- Post 2: Wednesday 5.00-9.00pm + alternate Saturdays 9.15am to 3.45pm
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 6 September 2021, midnight
Interview Date: Sunday 12 September 2021
Lamp House Music is a busy school of music, providing clean and modern spaces in which to practice, learn and play music, teamed with great customer service. At Lamp House Music we encourage everyone, all ages and abilities, to enjoy and embrace music. We provide lessons for children and adults, rehearsal rooms for amateur and professional bands, as well as selling a range of Music Accessories.
We are looking for a ‘people-person’ – someone who is passionate about customer service, with excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with people from a wide range of ages and backgrounds. The Music School Assistant role is a key member of the Lamp House Music team. The successful candidate(s) will provide a high level of customer service and create and maintain positive working relationships with pupils, parents, tutors, musicians and colleagues,
As the person that meets and greets our customers, Music School Assistants must have a bubbly and friendly personality and demonstrable people skills. Some administration experience and great organizational skills are required. A strong communicator who enjoys working independently, excellent at relationship building – the successful candidate(s) will join a thriving, community-based business committed to providing a first-class customer experience.
The Music School Assistant, who after training will be expected to work independently, works with and reports to the business owner to manage relationships with pupils and customers and will:
- Provide a high level of customer service and create and maintain positive working relationships with pupils, parents, tutors, musicians and colleagues
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper records of pupil attendance, payments and related administrative processes, including handling of cash and taking customer bookings
- Manage the operational aspects of the daily programme of lessons and rehearsals
- Set up rooms and related equipment to support delivery of lessons and rehearsals
- Ensure building, rooms and equipment are properly maintained, cleaned and presented
- Support business marketing and promotional initiatives and activities
- Manage musical accessories, refreshments and merchandise stock and sales
Please note this position is permanent. However, working hours will only be provided during Lamp House Music’s term times. For more information on term dates please visit our website: http://www.lamphousemusic.co.uk/music-lessons/term-dates/
If you have any queries regarding the application process or require any special assistance please contact Roz Maguire at Lamp House Music on 01620 825630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should be made by emailing a CV and covering letter, to be submitted by midnight, Monday 6 September 2021. Please quote reference FB21 and state if you are applying for Post 1 or Post 2.